Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Still just getting ready

I received my visa today.  It only took about 2 weeks.  I guess it is not always that quick.  The application asked what I will be doing in India I said traveling on vacation and studying yoga.  The instructor that I am going with also mentioned he is going to do yoga and they denied him.  He has to fill out a new visa application and this time not mention yoga. I am not sure why but for some reason they deny some people because they want to study yoga.  I called passportsandvisas.com and they said it really depends on who you get that reviews your application and what kind of day they are having.


I can't decide if I should pack tennis shoes or not.  I want to just bring flip flops.  I want to bring a book bag of a couple of outfits and my toiletries and thats it.  I want to see how little I actually need.  I am hopefully leaving for the Peace Corps with my husband in March.  That will be 27 months with only 80 lbs of stuff.  How much of all this stuff that I have do I really need?


To prepare myself for my trip right now I am reading Gandhi's Autobiography and  The Art of Happiness by the Dalai Lama and Dr. Cutler.


No comments:

Post a Comment